Electric Blankets for Diabetics
Electric blankets for diabetics? These are those with a device that has electric heating that gives heat that can be controlled and adjusted through a control unit. They are usually put above the top bed sheet. In the UK and Commonwealth, they are also called electric mattress pad, and are placed below the bottom bed sheet.
Electric wires nowadays have fiber wires that have carbon. These electronic blankets are claimed to be safer since they work on 24 volts, not 110 or 240 volts.
Electric blankets, just as any electrical appliance can go wrong. If it does, it overheats or have its wire break. That is why it is not good to have infants or small children to use electric blankets or other appliances. Those who are diabetics, elderly, insensitive, paralyzed, helpless or those that incapable of knowing the electric blankets control operations should not be allowed to use them. These people might insist on having their blankets, but they should be refused for their own sake.
It is always best to use precaution before bad things happen in the household, though there were no reports on troubles regarding usage of electric blankets. Doctors and hospitals do recommend on them. People should talk to their doctors, healthcare professionals or if possible, with the manufacturer before using these electronic blankets.
Diabetics are insensitive to heat
People with diabetes are warned not to use electric pads or blankets. Their insensitivity to heat is the topmost reason why electric blankets should not be used by diabetics. Their usage of the blankets maybe useless because they cannot feel the heat anyway. Some diabetics already lose feelings on their arms or legs. In fact they can withstand when burned, if the electric blanket becomes too warm.
It is best though, if they pre-warm the beddings or electric blankets before using them, and turn off these things when they are already in bed. This practice is good and recommended.
Whois Online?We have 42 guests online
- Banaba Herb: Anti-Diabetes Sou...
Ԍood way of describing, and pleasant paragraph to ...
- Are there Hidden Dangers in Ar...
I love it when individuals get together and share ...
- It's a Better Life Now With Di...
Infrared heating is the best option for these spac...
- How Can Turmeric Help Cure Dia...
Nidora is made up of various weight loss herbs bec...
- Fruit Factor Role in Diabetes
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be hones...
Web StatContent View Hits : 1850168
Diabetic-friendly food can be found easily in Singapore
Members Online: 0
You might also like these
- When Foot Ulcer Strikes the Diabetics
- Losing Weight Is Crucial For Diabetics
- How Diabetics Can Benefit From Exercise
- Healthy Snacks For Diabetics
- Should Diabetics Avoid Sweet Fruits?
- Diabetics Mouth and Dental Care
- How are Diabetics Affected by Cold Climate?
- Vegetables for Diabetics
- Self-Injecting Insulin for Diabetics
- Specific Vegetables Diabetics Should Take
- Looking for a Good Blood Glucose Meter for Diabetics
- How Can Diabetics Benefit From Bitter Melon?
- For Diabetics and for Everyone - Doable Steps to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
- Non-Vegetables That Diabetics Can Eat
- Behavioral Changes in Diabetics
- The Yummy Pizza – Good for Diabetics?
- Low-carb Desserts for Diabetics and Non-Diabetics
- Fats for Diabetics
- Possible Stroke for Diabetics Within Five Years
- Can Diabetics Benefit from Hypnosis?
- Sweet Stevia and Its Gift to Diabetics
- Product Packaging – a Challenge to Diabetics
- Fish Oil for Diabetics
- How Alternative Medicine Can Help Diabetics
- Inexpensive Insulin for Diabetics
- Urologic Problems in Diabetics
- Scientists From British University Suggests Low Calorie Diet for Diabetics
- How Diabetics Should Cope with Anger
- How About White Rice for Diabetics?
- Morning High Blood Sugar in Diabetics: Its Causes
- Can Diabetics Take Cholesterol?
- Sweetness to Diabetics From Bitter Melon
- Predicting the Risk of Foot Ulceration Especially for Diabetics